Directory of Timebanks
How can I contact a Timebankâ€™s coordinators?
- Visit the Directory of Timebanks and search Timebanks in a country, state or city. Look for Timebanks on the map.
- View a list of Timebanks in the USA or Canada or other counteries.
- After you find the Timebank, click on the yellow envelope icon next to that Timebank to send a message to its coordinators.
See the section “Fees for Community Weaver 3 Hosting” in the page about Community Weaver. How can I find a Timebank near me?
- Visit the Directory of Timebanks and search for TimeBbanks in a country, state or city. Look for TimeBanks on the map. Below the search field, view a list of TimeBanks in the USA or Canada or other countries.
Can I test a demonstration version of Community Weaver 3?
- You can access a demonstration version of Community Weaver 3.
How can a Timebank MEMBER find help for Community Weaver 3?
- After you log into Community Weaver 3 you will find that each page has a link to the Help Guide for that particular page. Click on the “?” icon in the menu at the top right of each page.
- A link to Documentation for CW3 is in the footer of Community Weaver 3 sites.
- You can email your Timebankâ€™s coordinators. In CW3 use the link ‘envelope’ icon at the top right side of your Timebankâ€™s home page.
How can a Timebank COORDINATOR submit a support request for Community Weaver?
- Online help is available at Help for Coordinators.
- Use our collaborative site, the Timebanks Action Hub.Â If you do not have an account there, create an Action Hub Account. If you already have an account in the Action Hub, login to that account.
- Then go to Submit a Community Weaver 3 Issue to submit a support request about Community Weaver.
What does the Community Weaver software cost?
- We do not sell the software, (it is open source software) but offer to host your site on an Internet based Community Weaver server. Shared hosting and maintenance is less expensive for all.Â See the section “Fees for Community Weaver 3 Hosting” in the page about Community Weaver.
TimeBanking and the IRS
Are time dollars taxable?
- The IRS has ruled on two occasions that TimeBanks are not commercial barter exchanges and create no contractual rights. The IRS has ruled that thereÂ will be no taxable consequences to volunteers who earn credits as reimbursement for services rendered. Â This ruling focused on the charitable nature of the organization, the charitable class served by the program, the fact that the organization was not a commercial for-profit barter club and the fact that any qualifying person would receive such services without regard to cost.
Coordinators Sharing With Coordinators
Where do Community Weaver COORDINATORS share with each other?
- Please join the Community Weaver 3 Facebook Group for Community Weaver Coordinators
Starting a TimeBank
How can I start a new TimeBank?
- Please visit Start a New TimeBank.
TimeBank – Fees / Payments
Do my TBUSA fees include access to Community Weaver software?
- See the section “Fees for Community Weaver 3 Hosting” in the page about Community Weaver.